Step I: Complete the Inquiry Form
• Complete our inquiry form before scheduling a visit. Once you fill out the inquiry form, domestic applicants will receive our viewbook; international applicants view it online.
• If you have a particular interest in athletics or the arts, please fill out an athletics interest form and/or an arts interest form. Your information will be sent to the relevant Middlesex coach(es) or teacher(s).
Step II: Schedule an Interview
• An interview is not required, but it is highly recommended. A visit to campus helps us get to know you, and it helps you get to know Middlesex. International students whose primary language is not English must submit a TOEFL score of 100 or higher in order to schedule an interview. Skype interviews may be offered by invitation of the Admissions Committee.
Step III: Complete an Application
• You may apply using the Middlesex online application, which will be posted in September for applicants seeking entry in 2014, the Middlesex paper application (for recommendations see below), or a common application from TABS or SSAT.
• The application includes the required Personal Statement, graded English Paper, and Parents' Statement. The application fee is $55 for domestic applicants and $110 for international applicants, payable by check or credit card using the online application.
• The application deadline for all applicants is January 15, 2014. While we prefer to receive your parts of the application by January 15, we recognize that grades, recommendations, and testing may follow, and we promise to issue March 10 decisions to all students who have completed their applications by February 10. If you have questions regarding the timing of your application, please call the Admissions Office at 978-371-6524.
• The Financial Aid application deadline is also January 15, 2014. Visit our Affording Middlesex page for more information.
Step IV: Submit School Report, Transcripts, and Recommendation Forms
• Middlesex accepts Common Recommendation forms, but also asks for a Foreign Language Teacher Recommendation.
• The following should be given to your current school no earlier than November; teacher recommendations must come from the current teacher in the specific course:
o English teacher recommendation
o Mathematics teacher recommendation
o Foreign Language teacher recommendation (you may substitute Science or Social Studies/History if you are not currently taking a foreign language)
o School Report
o Transcript of grades from current year, and prior two years
Step V: Schedule a Test Date
• Test scores must be sent to Middlesex directly from the testing service
• The Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) or Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) is required for applicants to grades 9 and 10. Applicants for grade 11 may submit current year SSAT, PSAT or SAT scores.
o 2013 Test dates for the SSAT have not yet been released
o The Middlesex SSAT code is 5068; for more information about the SSAT, contact S.S.A.T.B. at 609-683-4440, www.ssat.org
o The Middlesex ISEE code is 220-650; for more information about ISEE, contact 800-446-0320, www.erbtest.org
• In addition to SSAT or ISEE, the TOEFL is required for all international applicants whose primary language is not English, unless you have studied in an international school in which English is the language of instruction for more than three years..
o For more information contact TOEFL at 609-771-7100, www.toefl.com
o The Middlesex TOEFL code is 8720
Step VI: Track your Application
• Once you have submitted an application, you may track your application status online by creating an online account. If you apply through any other method than the Middlesex online application (e.g., SSAT), you need to create an account. If you applied using our online application, your username and password remain the same.
• It may take up to a week for your application materials to be processed, so please be patient. Thank you!
Step VII: Receive Notification
• Applicants who applied using the Middlesex online application will be able to check their admission decision on March 10, 2014 using the same site they used to apply. All other applicants will need to create an online account and follow these instructions:
1) Click on CREATE AN ACCOUNT and enter your email address. This will generate an email to you with a link that will enable you to create a password. Once you have created your username and password you will find yourself on our online application website.
2) Even though you have already submitted an application through another method, click on CLICK HERE TO BEGIN AN APPLICATION. This is how non-online applicants create an account.
3) Enter all the required information, click on I HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED AN APPLICATION at the bottom, and click SAVE. This will bring you to the notification site.
4) On March 9 at 9am EST, the message that reads IN PROGRESS will change to DECISION AVAILABLE. Click on that link to view your admissions decision.
• Accepted students must sign and return enrollment contracts by April 10, 2014 in order to reserve their spot at Middlesex.
Middlesex accepts students for September enrollment only. Our application deadline for September 2013 enrollment was January 15, 2013.
However, if you did not meet the application deadline, you will most likely be considered a “late applicant,” and your application will be considered after April 10, 2013 along with those of other late applicants and students who were offered a place on our waiting list on March 9, 2013.
Most importantly, if you are beginning the process late, we encourage you to contact the Admissions Office at 978-371-6524 to discuss the timing of the pieces of your application. We will do our best to work with your situation.