Step I: Complete the Inquiry Form
• Complete our inquiry form before scheduling a visit. Once you fill out the inquiry form, domestic applicants will receive our viewbook; international applicants view it online. For Gateway users, the Candidate Profile Form may be completed in lieu of an inquiry form.
• If you have a particular interest in athletics or the arts, please fill out an athletics interest form and/or an arts interest form. Your information will be sent to the relevant Middlesex coach(es) or teacher(s).
Step II: Schedule an Interview
• An interview is not required, but it is highly recommended. A visit to campus helps us get to know you, and it helps you get to know Middlesex. Skype interviews may be offered by invitation of the Admissions Committee.
• Please call the Admissions Office at 978-371-6524 to schedule an appointment, or you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. On-campus interviews are offered every day that class is in session.
Step III: Schedule a Test Date
• Test scores must be sent to Middlesex directly from the testing service
• The Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) or Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) is required for applicants to grades 9 and 10. Applicants for grade 11 may submit current year SSAT, PSAT or SAT scores.
o 2013-14 Test dates for the SSAT are October 12, November 9, December 7, January 4, & February 2.
o The Middlesex SSAT code is 5068; for more information about the SSAT, contact S.S.A.T.B. at 609-683-4440, www.ssat.org
o The Middlesex ISEE code is 220-650; for more information about ISEE, contact 800-446-0320, www.erbtest.org
• In addition to SSAT or ISEE, the TOEFL is required for all international applicants whose primary language is not English, unless you have studied in an international school in which English is the language of instruction for more than three years. In general, successful applicants to Middlesex have a high proficiency in English, which is typically demonstrated by a TOEFL score of 100 or higher.
o For more information contact TOEFL at 609-771-7100, www.toefl.com
o The Middlesex TOEFL code is 8720
Step IV: Complete an Application
• For applicants seeking entry in 2014, there are two ways to apply to Middlesex:
1) Complete the Middlesex online application. The application includes the required Personal and Parents' Statements, graded English Paper, recommendations from current English, Math, and Foreign Language teachers, School Report, and current transcript. You may also submit an optional Special Interest Recommendation. The application fee is $55 for domestic applicants and $110 for international applicants, payable by check or credit card using the online application.
2) Apply through the Gateway to Prep Schools at https://www.gatewaytoprepschools.com/school/middlesex-school. The Gateway application includes the Candidate Profile, Candidate and Parent Statements, graded English paper (sent separately), online recommendations from current English, Math, and Foreign Language teachers, a School Report, and current transcript. In addition, you may submit an optional Personal Recommendation online.
• The application deadline for all applicants is January 15, 2014. While we prefer to receive your parts of the application by January 15, we recognize that grades, recommendations, and testing may follow, and we promise to issue March 10 decisions to all students who have completed their applications by February 10. If you have questions regarding the timing of your application, please call the Admissions Office at 978-371-6524.
• The Financial Aid application deadline is January 31, 2014. Visit our Affording Middlesex page for more information.
Step V: Track your Application
• It may take up to a week for your application materials to be processed, so please be patient. Thank you!
Step VI: Notification
• Applicants who applied using the Middlesex online application will be able to check their admission decision online on March 10, 2014 using the same site they used to apply.
• Accepted students must sign and return enrollment contracts, with specified payment, by April 10, 2014 in order to reserve their spot at Middlesex.